S-DC Launches Annual Internal Giving Campaign
Ben Mason, the new Special Assistant to the President For Institutional Advancement, had to hit the ground running when he accepted the new job. Dr. Simmons informed him that it was time to kick-off the Annual Internal Giving Campaign.
A committee was formed and Dr. Simmons apparently plans to roll up his sleeves and put in some hours for this cause.
Mason sent a letter to faculty, staff and administrators and board members, asking everyone who works at the College, for a donation or a pledge. In case some missed their letter, here are the essentials:
Dear Family Members:
It is with great pleasure that we as a visionary family embark on the 2006 Internal Giving Campaign.
Internal Giving is an important part of being a family member of the College. It represents unity, caring for the population we serve, and provides evidence to potential external givers that we as members of the Sojourner-Douglass College Family care about our institution and what it represents to Maryland and The Bahamas.
The Internal Giving Campaign 2006 has been in progress for approximately one (1) month. We have been pleased with the staff commitment to date. The initial response and the efforts made by the Committee to solicit our Family participation has been good.
The reasons for the Internal Giving Campaign are many-fold. Your support is needed to help in our various initiatives. Listed below are just a few of our initiatives; some completed, others still in process:
- Purchase and Renovations of Academic Hall, 200 North Central Avenue that houses the Walter P. Carter Library and a new bookstore;
- Renovations of the Administrative Building, 500 North
- Giving over $700,000 in scholarships to needy students;
- Extensive Public Relations Campaign;
- Purchase of land and outfitting of a new location for the
- The perspective opening of the Owings Mills Complex.